Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Preheat oven at 200°C/Gas mark 6
1 roll of JusRol puff pastry sheets
3-4 dessertspoonfuls of tomato puree
6 medium mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
2 large slices of ham, cut into squares
1 small tin of pineapple chunks, drained
100g of grated cheddar cheese
Beaten egg or milk to glaze
These are our favourite ingredients, but you can obviously use any you like. Try it with peppers, red onion, pepperami, and cheese maybe. You could even make a fruit flan with a jam type base. Yummy!
JusRol puff pastry comes as a box of two sheets, rolled up. You will need to take out one roll and leave it for a couple of hours at room temperature to defrost.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet onto a baking tray.
- Spread over 3-4 dessertspoonfuls of tomato puree sauce, leaving a border to allow the pastry to rise.
- Spread over the sliced onion, mushrooms, ham and pineapple.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and any seasoning. I use a dried seasoning which contains sundried tomatoes, garlic and sea salt, but you can use whatever you like.
- Brush the border with the beaten egg or milk to glaze.
- Pop it into the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.